Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Journal Entry: BA Lounge

2:07pm

I'm waiting in the British Airways lounge now. And oh my, is it sweet! There are computers for our use, and a bathroom. It's so quiet and lacks the noise and bustle of the terminal. I'm going to be spoiled rotten after this. Three plus weeks of roughing it should fix that though.

I had a scare when I first got in here. I went to write down the telephone numbers from my credit cards in case my wallet gets stolen, and I couldn't find my American Express card. It is my backup for this trip. I panicked and called Jan and she calmed me down and had the sense to ask if I'd stashed it in my money belt, since I couldn't remember when or where I'd had it last. Of course that's when I remembered it was indeed in my money belt. Crisis averted! That was the second time today I freaked out. The first time I thought I'd lost my car keys because they weren't in my carry on and I hadn't taken them out to go through the x-ray machine. Do you know they were still in my pocket! They're mostly plastic and not much metal which I guess is why they didn't set the alarm off. I don't need any more missing or lost scares today or for the rest of the trip for that matter.

So before all the excitement, I had a small dish of orange chicken at Panda Express. I was just about stuffed afterward and don't see how people can eat an entire plate of it. I suppose that goes to show how much I've cut back on my food. Hopefully I'll lose another ten pounds while I'm on this trip.

2:32pm

They have free help-yourself fountain drinks in the lounge! I'm thrilled. It fuels my diet coke addiction. I don't ever want to travel in economy again. Oh, and they have Walker's brand cookies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment