Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Journal Entry: The Train to Nice

We are on the train to Nice. First class isn't all that great but I do have more leg room, but the carriage is pretty dirty and worn.



The compartment we are in has six seats and our companions speak no English. One of them, an older lady is from France, Normandy, and I was able to talk a little with her, but not much. I forget words and just simply cannot remember how to say things. I really wish I spoke Italian and French, as I really think this would be so much more fun.

Right now we are traveling by the Mediterranean and it is beautiful. I think it's about two more hours to Nice, but I'm not sure, as there is a time zone change somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I tried asking, but I couldn't understand what they said. They understood me though, so I guess that's something.


There are no dining cars on Italian regional trains, just a guy with a cart. We had some prosciutto sandwiches on white bread for €3.30. I suppose it was better than not eating anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment