Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Journal Entry: Villa St. Exupery in Nice

My head hurts from a lack of caffeine. We arrived about 5:30pm at the Villa St. Exupery, a former monastery, currently a party hostel of sorts. They have a nice bar and to our delight the bar serves pizza or dinner-of-the-day starting at 7pm. Rather than go anywhere because we were so tired we had a brownie for €2 to tide us over. The thing was huge and very delicious. At seven pm we ordered pizza. I got chorizo, red peppers and onions on mine. I handed the ticket to the chef as I was told to do and he kept saying “dix” which my tired head forgot was “ten” and a girl sitting there had to tell me “ten minutes”. I was like “Duh!” He asked me if I spoke French and I told him a “little”, but that I'd been on a train all day and my brain was tired.


The staff was really nice. I'm paying €5 to have my laundry done. One of the guys came over and said hi to us. He was from London but his mother was from New England. I like it when the staff are friendly like that.

The tram was convenient to the hostel. It didn't take very long to get from the train station up here. Our room is very nice, four beds and an ensuite bath. The shower is quite good. The only drawback is the people sharing our room have stuff everywhere. We haven't met them yet, but we're betting they're girls. One of them has a teletubby towel…



I'm so tired, I'm going to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment