Saturday, May 30, 2009

Journal Entry: Exiting London



I’m on the train to Manningtree. Lucky there’s no line work tomorrow today. I can’t keep anything straight. There’s supposed to be line work tomorrow, and I would have encountered it if I’d gone to Canterbury for a night. 

So today has started out badly. A continuation of yesterday I suppose. I lost my Oyster card. It had about £8 left on it, maybe £9. £10 at the most. I had it out last night, if you like irony just wait. I had it out to try to register it online, if it’s lost or stolen, they’ll replace it I suppose. Turns out it’s only for British addresses. So, maybe I left it by the computer at the hostel? I can’t find it at any rate. I asked the desk if anyone had turned one in and there was one there, but I found out when I got to the station it couldn’t be mine because it didn’t have anything on it. Even if someone had used it yesterday evening, and then turned it in, it wouldn’t have mattered because I had used it yesterday and had reached the maximum charge for one day. [redacted] Oh well. I suppose if that’s the most I lose on this trip, it’ll be okay. I lost my lock too. Again my fault. I think I left it hanging from the locker in Paris. Meh.

I slept for nearly twelve hours, and my head doesn’t feel any clearer. It’s no wonder I left it sitting there. I was exhausted last night. I didn’t even eat dinner, I was so tired.

Ah, the Countryside at Manningtree, a relief from London
 

No comments:

Post a Comment