Thursday, May 28, 2009

Journal Entry: Parting Ways



We got up and had breakfast and had plenty of time to hang around. We bought an ½ hour of internet for €3. I checked my email, sent Andy a message and updated my Facebook status. We left the hostel about 10am. We changed Metro stations at Gare du l’Est for Gare du Nord. 




When we stepped off the Metro train we realized we had to part ways there. Eurostar trains were to the left, RER trains to Charles de Gaulle were to the right. V. and I hugged, I told her to be careful and not take candy from strangers. She laughed and we parted ways. [redacted]

I’m at the station now. Quite early as usual. I sat here eating some Haagen Daaz ice cream while watching people run like mad for the 11:13am train. My train leaves at 12:13, and so I have plenty of time.

I like French, but I’m going to be very happy to be back in an English speaking country.
V. paid me in Euro’s for her phone time. I suppose I can have them converted to Pounds if I don’t spend them on the train. They serve lunch and I bet they’ll take either.

No comments:

Post a Comment