Monday, May 18, 2009

Journal Entry: To Venice

9:00 am

We are on the 8:50 train to Venice. It's a much nicer train than the one to Naples. It has more leg room and tables. I told the stupid ticket machine that I wanted to sit next to V. It put us in seats 53 and 54. That seems like it should be good, especially since the little seat chart diagram where you select the seats showed them right next to each other. But not so. Both are aisle seats, opposite and across the aisle from one another. Add to the list just one more stupid and annoying thing about Italy. Overall, it's a great place, but the lack of toilet seats and crazy computers could wear on one's nerves after a while.



Or maybe I'm just irritable because I woke up with a rash this morning. Little bumps all over my right wrist, the back of my hand and down my forearm. Also there are some on my other wrist too. V. thinks it's a heat rash, though I got kinda worried after I took a couple more aspirin for my aching feet this morning and wondered if it wasn't an allergic reaction to that. I've been taking it for a few days now, but I'm not taking any more until I talk to Robert in a few hours, since it's currently the middle of the night at home.

I'm not waking them for a mild rash. It may well just be a heat rash too.

Breakfast was horrible. I really like the Alessandro, but I didn't feel like cereal and the only other thing they had were rock hard rolls that tasted stale. Putting jam on them didn't even help. I took one bite and tossed it. I got a yummy pastry at the train station instead. €0.90 was a deal, and it agreed more with my nervous stomach. Nervous from this stupid rash! Well, I'm going to look out the window now and maybe take some pictures. The countryside is gorgeous here.


~~~
Just a note: I now think the rash was caused by V.'s tea tree oil. If you recall it had spilled all over her bag and I helped her attempt to wash it out of her towel in the sink. Apparently some people are very allergic to it. I have no desire to test that theory though.

No comments:

Post a Comment