Thursday, May 14, 2009

Journal Entry: Jet Lagged to Hell

Thursday, 9:03 am

So tired. Not to complain or anything. Flight was fine, comfortable for a change. I'm not the least sore as I wasn't cramped up. I still couldn't sleep well though. I think I dozed a bit but that's it. Feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Probably dehydrated. Had two glasses of water in the Arrivals Lounge and a bit of breakfast, a piece of tasty sausage and a hash brown. Had a shower too and that improved my mood greatly. The water was pretty neat. It alternated hot and cold. It was quite refreshing. Now a three and a half hour wait for my flight to Rome. Hopefully V. made her connection at Charles De Gaulle.

Because I booked the flights separately the girl at passport control felt the need to ask me a million questions, like why, how come, and why again. Jet lagged and explaining yourself to passport control is never easy anyway. I was like, it was cheaper and I wanted to go to the Arrivals Lounge. That seemed sufficient, so she let me through. As if I could stay. I have a husband, a job and land at home. Man, my writing sucks after being awake for so long and I can't concentrate, and so I keep changing streams of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment