Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Journal Entry: Bath Backpackers


The hostel is okay, cleaner than I remember it I think. Though the water pressure sucks, and the lights timed out and went off before I was finished showering. I had to get dressed in the dark, and then when I stepped out the sensor finally realized I was there and they came back on. Other than that, it’s okay.

I had “authentic Italian gelato” which was nothing like the gelato in Italy. It looked like it in the case, but didn’t taste as good. It was good, just not Italian good.

I also took a tour of the Tower at Bath Abbey for £5. It was really cool. They just started offering them last August. There was only one other girl in the tour which was kinda cool. 220 steps in all.

Tower Tour - Bath Abbey
Then I had some Bulmer’s Pear Cider, which was quite tasty, along with some chips at The Huntsman Inn. I then went on the Bizarre Bath tour. I remember being in a bad mood when I went on it in 2002 and not liking it. I decided to give it another try and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So apparently I like to say “I” a lot as there are now a bunch in a row. Silly me.
Bizarre Bath Tour
I’m going to eat breakfast at Sally Lunn’s in the morning. A couple of girls here keep coughing. Sucking a zinc lozenge. I ain’t getting sick now!

No comments:

Post a Comment