Friday, June 5, 2009

Journal Entry: Last Day London



I arrived at the hostel about 10:30am. They let me store my bags since check-in wasn’t until 2pm. I went to the British Museum and looked at North American stuff and Aztec. Also medieval European artifacts too.
 
Babylonian Art Too
I have to say I question my memory. I remember the hostel being slightly different and I can still see how I thought it was in my head but it isn’t. It’s not been remodeled so I don’t know what’s up with my silly brain. So weird.

I went back to the hostel to check-in about 2pm. I talked to a long term resident, a girl who was from Canada. Then I checked in and my room was on the ground floor which was nice. Last time it had been on the top floor, when I came here in 2002. It’s not fun to carry your bags up four flights of steps.

After that I went back to the British Museum to see about high tea in their restaurant. It was £18.50 and I decided that was too much. I stopped to use the bathroom and this girl, two or three spots in line in front of me collapsed. I don’t know what was wrong with her. I left when the museum people arrived to help her. She was talking a bit. Perhaps she was diabetic or something. 

Then I wandered around and went in a few bookshops. Finally I found a book that sounded half interesting to me. So many are not appealing at all. It’s called “The Last Gospel” and is supposed to be “Indiana Jones” meets Dan Brown. We’ll see. [It sucked!]

Then I found a sushi place for dinner, called Sushi Hiroba. It was good. It was £13.20 for three small kabobs of Yakidori, a glazed chicken on stick-type thing, and for some rice, a spicy tuna roll and green tea ice cream. It had a nice atmosphere too.


Now I’m going to lay down and start reading my book. It’s 8:44pm now. I got sidetracked by a brother and sister who are backpacking together. They are staying in this four bed room with me. The other girl in here I came across earlier. She’s from Germany, speaks with a slight Scottish accent funnily enough, and was going to a play with Gillian Anderson in it and was hoping to meet her. V. would be so jealous. She’s always loved X-Files.
Then I’m going to sleep as soon as it gets dark because I have to be up about 6am for my flight, which leaves at 10:25am. I need some good sleep because I have to drive four hours home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment