Saturday, June 6, 2009

Journal Entry: Nearly Home



[Texas time - 1:50pm]
 
Nearly home. They just served tea with scones and clotted cream and Tiptree jam! There were little sandwiches and a strawberry topped desert, but tea and scones! It’s not fair that clotted cream should be so rare in the States. [It's also not fair that I find out in a few years that I'm allergic to dairy.]

So I was almost through with my scone that I had lathered in clotted cream and Tiptree strawberry jam when the steward came by asking if I’d like another scone (they bring them in a basket) and I took it. He saw that I’d finished the cream and jam and offered to bring more. I love British Airways! That totally made up for not having “on demand” movies and music. Good thing I bought that book. It’s not a very good book, but it’s passable as literature. Sorta. In that there are words on the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment