Monday, June 1, 2009

Journal Entry: Traveling IT Support



It’s past midnight. I was up late trying to help Taine to get Skype working. And helping her get her computer sorted out. It was a bit of a mess. Her desktop was messed up. So, today after we had breakfast we went to the Anglican church in the village. Everyone was really nice. [redacted] The British though are quite unlike most Americans when it comes to religion, they’re pretty laid back.

Of course the priest had a British accent, and it was difficult to keep a straight face at times as it seemed very much like a Monty Python skit.

After church, I helped Taine serve tea and coffee. I helped her clean up too. I didn’t mind. It was a good way to meet people.

Then we went home and had lunch. We watched Father Ted on the tele, and had some good laughs.

Then we went to a plant nursery and Taine bought a plant, rhubarb maybe? I forget. They had some really cool clay things with stars, but I’d have never been able to get them home. Jan would have probably liked them. They were hollow so you could put those lights in them to light your garden paths.

Then we went to Flatford. I found some playing cards for Ben (my boss) and some fridge magnets that had the names [redacted] and [redacted] on them. I think Jan and Robert will like that. It has the coat of arms on it.

Then we took a boat ride down the Stour. It was quite pleasant. £4 for thirty minutes and Taine paid for both of us. It was quite nice of her.

Then we headed home and had scones and clotted cream again in the garden. It was a gorgeous day. I kept joking that I brought the nice weather with me from the south of France.

Then I took some pictures of Taine’s garden for her, and I helped her get them uploaded to her computer, which led me to helping her get her computer in a more efficient working order. 

It’s late now. Time for bed

No comments:

Post a Comment