Thursday, June 4, 2009

Journal Entry: Leaving Bath



The hostel in Bath wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure the carpets were a bit worn, okay, a lot worn, but other than that I have only two gripes. The first was the showers. No water pressure at all. It was like showering in mist. Second was that the staff didn’t seem to have or keep a routine. I had to tell them the toilet had no paper and the girl was not at reception this morning even thought it was a quarter after 8 and they open at 8. She apologized though, so it’s okay. They were nice. Right now I’m on the train to Oxford. Hopefully the hostel there will be better. One thing is sure, I think I’ll enjoy being in a smaller room with fewer people. 

I need a new pen. This one’s getting low on ink.

Oh and one more thing. I met a really nice girl in the hostel. Her name is Joyce. I sent her on the Mad Max tour. Hope she likes it. I told her to add me as a friend on facebook and let me know.

Also in my room were two anti-social Belgians, three Aussies who had quit their jobs (as usual) and were backpacking for six months. I’m a bit jealous but I think I’d get tired of traveling after so long. And now I’m married I could never leave Andy for so long. There were three Canadians there too. Students I think.

Anyway, Joyce had been on an exchange program in Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment