Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Journal Entry: Roaming Off the Beaten Path & High Tea



I’m up way too late again. Made the mistake of trying to get some photos on Facebook. We got up and went to Long Melford today. There was a kitchen store there and we bought egg coddlers and Taine got Jan a milk frother for Christmas. It’s big enough so everyone can have milk at once. I think she’ll love it.

Then we went to the church. They had lovely stained glass dating to the medieval period. 

Graveyard of the Church in Long Melford


Crooked House in Lavenham
Then we went to Lavenham. There’s a guildhall there that was named Corpus Christi and I thought that was funny since that’s where I live. Then we had lunch at “The Swan.” It was good. I had a burger with french fries and a diet coke.

Then we headed home so I could have time to hang my laundry out to dry before tea. We had been invited to tea at a neighbor’s house. (at 4pm) She is an interior designer and I forget what her husband does. They were an older couple, very nice. We had frosted lemon cake, finger sandwiches with cucumbers and mayonnaise on them, and weak Chinese tea. It was supposed to be weak, and it was quite good. We had a fun time, and talked until nearly 6pm.

Then we came back home and putzed around. We watched a special on Stone Henge. I also called Andy and Jan. I miss Andy a lot! Only five more days. I’ll be sad that the trip is over, but happy to be home with Andy.

Good Pub Food

No comments:

Post a Comment