Thursday, May 31, 2012

Journal Entry: City Blues - Paris



Today felt kind of wasted. I got up at 7:30a and had breakfast downstairs. It was free. I talked to a girl from New Zealand, her name escapes me. Amy maybe? Or April? Had a nice chat with her.

I went to the Museé d’Orsay. It was very nice, but it got really hot in there, so I wound up rushing the last bit because I wasn’t feeling so hot. 
 
Museé d'Orsay
Then I went to Les Halles. I ate at a Chinese place and paid way more for lunch than I intended. It was good though. Cost €12 with a drink. Then I found there was a whole underground shopping mall at Les Halles, but my knee really started hurting so I came back to the hostel to rest. I wrote out post cards. I found them 10 for €1.50. 

I may need to withdraw some more cash. The Museé d’Orsay wasn’t taking credit cards as their system wasn’t working. 

I took some more aspirin and then felt some better so I went back out. I went to Notre Dame and it was extremely crowded. I was going to go to St. Chappelle but it cost €8.50! So I skipped it.
 
Notre Dame - Paris
I then came back to the hostel and got a burger at the bar downstairs. It cost €12. I spent too much on food today. Then I came upstairs to the room and called Andy. I need to see about how early I should be to Orly for my flight. Ugh. I have the long flight part of the trip. It is worth it though. Otherwise how could I see all these cool things.

Some new arrivals came after I got off the phone with Andy. They were from New Zealand too. I can’t remember their names either. They are backpacking for three months. They were in Asia for a few weeks. Nice to have conversations with people. 

Dorm at St. Christopher's Paris - Canal
I have a lot to do tomorrow so I’m going to hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment