Thursday, May 24, 2012

Journal Entry: More Hostel Shenanigans



I returned to my room to find my pajamas on top of someone else’s luggage and my blanket had been moved around. I don’t know what the fuck was up with that. It’s also quite damp in here. I have opened the door to hopefully air it out a bit. I do like the bathroom here. The ensuite is very nice. That’s the only thing I like about this room. The hostel itself is good. The bar and kitchen are amazing. 
 
Remains of Roman Amphitheatre in Nice outside Archaeology Museum
So anyway, I was going to go to Cap Ferrat today, but I think the time trials for the Grand Prix in Monaco started today because it was absolute bedlam at the train station. So I scratched that idea. Instead I went to the Matisse museum and the Archaeology museum. They were both free today but I’m not sure why. They usually cost money. 

After the incredibly long walk, I went to the old town and ate lunch at the same kebab place as yesterday. I then was going to take a stroll on the “Promenade des Anglais” but it looked like rain, so I went to the Contemporary Art museum. It was free too. 

I walked very far today, and my feet are sore. 

I leave for Marseille at 10:57a tomorrow morning. I hope the hostel in Marseille is nice or I’m going to the Hilton. I’m kidding. Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment