Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Journal Entry: Genova Train Mix-up



I got off the train at the wrong station. They had announced Genova… Principe on the intercom, in Italian and English and so I got off. Then I notice my train to Ventimiglia is not on the board, so I ask at the desk, and the lady was like, “you are at the wrong station.” She told me to take another train to the other station. Luckily, I had plenty of time. I am waiting now for the next train. I was at Genova Brignole. And, I wasn’t the only one that got off at the wrong station. An Italian man I asked about the other train, since there was no sign (surprise!) told me he had done the same thing. Glad it wasn’t just me being stupid. I usually check the station signs too. He was from Florence, and I chatted with him while we were coming into this station.


The train ride was nice. I was in first class on the Eurostar City train, and the car was nearly empty, so I could sit by the window and look out. There were marvelous views of the Mediterranean Sea, and of the mountains too.

From the train window - the amazing blue color of the water is lost


No comments:

Post a Comment