Monday, May 14, 2012

Journal Entry: Long Walk Around Rome



I have walked today, I don’t even know how far. I walked down to the Coliseum really early as I mentioned in the last post, then went back for the “underground” tour. It was amazing. 
 
Coliseum Underground Tour
I had gelato for lunch, (do we see a pattern here?) because I couldn’t find anything else. If anything, I’ll save money on this trip because I don’t want to eat a bunch of junk food. I had the gelato because I was desperate! I went to the Forum as well, and the Palatine Hill. After that I walked over to the Pantheon and the Trevi fountain. Yes, I tossed a coin over my shoulder. I want to come back here!

Palatine Hill
 
Crowd at the Trevi Fountain

The Pantheon

I forgot the sunscreen this morning, so I might be a little red. I had been taking vitamin D at home so hopefully it wasn’t too bad. I got Jan the coolest thing ever. It’s a refrigerator magnet with “Cave Canem” on it and a picture of one of the dog mosaics from Pompei.  It was €5 and the shop was near the Pantheon. They also had coasters for €10 but they were heavy and I was afraid I’d break it.

I need something to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment