Friday, May 25, 2012

Journal Entry: Happy Accidents


The regional trains are striking for two days [coincidentally, they started the evening I was at Antibes so it was a good thing I’d cut the day short by buying a return ticket early]. That is why it was bedlam at the station yesterday, not because of the Grand Prix. The Australian guy in my room told me this morning. I was worried that I would not be able to get to Marseille, but the long distance trains are still running. The train to Marseille’s final destination is Geneva. 
Departing Nice

So I am at the train station, and in good time. Not too early and not running to catch the train. It is very damp here. My laundry (socks and undies that I wash each night) did not dry, even after two days. Hopefully the hostel in Marseille will not be so damp.
The strike is from 23rd to 25th at 5p. By the way, the bathrooms at Nice’s main train station are great. They cost €.50 but are very clean. There is an attendant, and they hold your bags for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment